The Tiny Bubbles blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address in 4 seconds. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.toast-events.com/blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Welcome to Tiny Bubbles the blog of TOAST events, a boutique wedding and event planning firm in Atlanta where details shine and execution is flawless.

Tiny Bubbles will feature snippets of inspiration, elements that spark our creativity, unique products and ideas, vendors TOAST can’t live without, and so much more!

We hope you will “pop” in often to see what we are working on!
Cheers!

Visit our Website http://www.toast-events.com/

2.04.2009

All Packed and ready to go!

Being a "planner" for a living also means that you are a "planner" in all facets of your life. I love being organized and on top of things. One of the tools I have used for years to help me prepare for my many trips and getaways is my Packing Spreadsheet.

You probably just laughed out-loud when you read that, but my post today is to share with you the method to my madness.

1) When preparing a spreadsheet you essentially "pack before you pack". I take the template and run down all of the events that will occur on my trip and fill in outfits right down to accessories. Since you may fill out the sheet days prior to your trip, even at work or late at night it saves so much time when you actually go to put your clothes in your suitcase.

2) Once this is complete I take an inventory of the sheet and this is where I make changes. For instance if I see I'm only going to be gone for 4 days and I'm bringing 6 purses and 7 pairs of shoes I try to go back and condense the list a little to make for more space and less "stuff".

3) I usually start my list about a week before a trip so I can change it or update it. Sometimes if I fill it out at work I will get home and see something I forgot about in my closet so I can make updates accordingly.

4) The sheet is a built in check-list. You plan everything once then print it out and check things off as they go in the suitcase, that way you don't get to your destination missing your underwear!

5) You look put-together and fabulous your entire trip because you have thought everything out right down to your earrings.

If you are interested in a copy of my spreadsheet please feel free to email me and I'll get it right out to you!

Happy Trails!



No comments: